- Grace Community, Charlottesville, VA
- Grace Presbyterian, Lexington, VA
- Wayne Hills Baptist, Waynesboro, VA
- Tabernacle Presbyterian, Waynesboro, VA
View My Saved Places in a larger map
Grace Community Church is thrilled to have Journey Counseling onsite here for our members and others. They provide a very workable arrangement for onsite counseling which will both help our members in healing and growth, and take some burdens off of our pastoral staff. They provide a great mix of Biblical faithfulness and professional skill. This is too rare these days! We too often find great practitioner's with little Christian emphasis, or those with lots of Bible content but weakness in understanding the common grace insights from the professional therapy world. Journey is throughly Biblical and wise in integrating the lessons from the therapy world.
Donald H. Ward, Jr Pastor
Grace Community Church PCA 5146
Dickerson Road Charlottesville, VA 22911
Journey Counseling is the answer to several problems we have encountered in trying to provide counseling for the members of this church and in the greater community.
- They provide professionally trained and licensed Biblical counselors which gives confidence to us and to those we send to them.
- I do not find myself in the position of recommending people to a counselor who is either in opposition to the teachings of the Faith or who may be a Christian but does not counsel in light of Faith.
- They are affordable and work with the church to provide care to those in financial straights.
- They are willing to travel to my area which encourages people to see them.
- Since they are not on the staff of the church people feel more free to be open with them.
- Journey Counseling works with the church in discipling their clients.Their work is confidential yet, with permission from the client, the treatment plan strengthens ties to the local church ministry and builds ongoing discipleship opportunities.
Paul R. Carter,
Grace Presbyterian Church
Wayne Hills Baptist Church is pleased to be able to refer people to the services of Journey Counseling Ministries. As a church we share Journey's approach to compassionate counseling rooted in a commitment to the inerrant truth of the Bible.
Dr. Danny Campbell, Pastor
Wayne Hills Baptist Church
As a lay counselor at the local church, I find there are times in ministering to people that require professional skill and assistance. However, finding quality professional counseling from a sound Biblical perspective has not always proven easy. Journey Counseling Ministries meets both of those criteria. In addition, the counselors at Journey also recognize the importance of the local church in the healing and restoration of people's lives and strive to include the church body in that process. Journey Counseling Ministries is definitely a resource to be utilized by local churches and their congregations.
Tabernacle Presbyterian and Journey have been in partnership almost since Journey's inception. We've been blessed to extend their services to numerous members of our church who have benefited from counsel that doesn't consign the Gospel to the background of the situation, but brings repentance and faith in Jesus Christ to the center of the situation. In addition, Journey is not content to simply be a counseling ministry that receives our referrals as clients; rather, they partner with our elders to ensure the ongoing care and shepherding of our flock. God has used Journey to impact lives at Tabernacle, and I can point to people and to marriages that are still whole today because of the grace they have received through this ministry.